Friday, November 30, 2007

Time Killer With A Good Cause

Ah boredom! It seems more common these days than the flu or any disease for that matter.

If you ask people how they are, the usual responses are either a sigh, a fake smile, a litany of how their day was, telling you the bland details of the events that occured that day and skipping on the more juicy parts. At the end they finish it off with these words "Its boring...".

"Perhaps the world's second worst crime is boredom. The first is being a bore." Sir Cecil Beaton

He is probably right, but as I am not yet in the mood to argue this statement I'll leave it as is.

One way most people combat boredom is to play games online.
But when I say "games" people immediately associate it with those hard to play, time consuming games like WoW.

Though I love World of Warcraft and similar games, I find that I do not always have the time to play it now.
So, whenever I am online feeling bored and inactive I usually look for games that are easy and relaxing. Its a bonus if I find one that I can also learn from.

My friend from Australia told me about this particular game while we were chatting yesterday and the concept could just blow you away.

How would you like to be able to "feed" some hungry people while relaxing at the same time?
I'm sure many of you would like to do that so check this game out and see for yourself.

Without further blab, just head on over to Freerice.com and start putting those mouse clicks to good use. Have fun!

No comments: