Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Cheese!!!



Just when I thought my brain was melting at room temperature because of inactivity I forced myself to get up and find something to do.
As I was finishing tidying up my room I decided to log in and check my e-mails and read articles online.
It has been raining here for the past week so most activities are limited indoors.

The news is basically all the same.
Bombings here, corruption scandals there.
Updates on abandoned/missing children here, custody battles of embattled has-beens there.
Damnit! We live in such a fucked up world.

Then boom! Right before my eyes was a line that somehow made me feel much better.
My life is not so boring after all, I thought.
What line was it you asked.

"Thousands of cheese lovers to log on... to watch cheddar mature."

It was as if the unseen forces of another parallel universe or higher powers that be, were trying to cheer me up on this gloomy weekday.

"Over the last nine months, more than 1.5 million people across the globe have logged on to www.cheddarvision.tv to watch a round of cheddar cheese as it slowly matures.

Viewing is expected to reach a fever pitch on Wednesday when something is actually going to happen in the project for the first time in many months.

The 44-pound handmade cheese, named Wedginald by its creators, will undergo its ninth month grading test."

I did log in and see for myself what this new trend is all about.
Well, there's the cheese and nothing more. But, since I only stayed on the website for less than a minute, I think my opinion won't mean much to the millions of cheese lovers out there.

If you are feeling bored. Then by all means check that 44lbs of fermented wonder and watch the magic happen right before your eyes.
Meh? I'd rather sleep.
Ciao!



No comments: